what we do:
School Counselors at high schools may advise/counsel over 300 students in grades 9-12. How can they really know who you are as a person and what your educational goals are?
By gaining insight into students’ strengths (inside and outside the classroom), S & A College Counselors help you develop a plan for the college admission process. Our College Counselors have over twenty years of college admission/counseling experience and offer a complimentary phone consultation to each family.
CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING PACKAGES BELOW:
The College Search & Application Package: $2,100
Two payments of $1050 (payment plans are available upon request)
S & A College Counselors customize the college search and application process to fit your individual/family goals. Our team identifies how students can separate themselves in the college admissions process. S & A’s strategic approach allows each student/family to decide which colleges/universities to visit after reviewing their college list. After a family has visited colleges/universities, our College Application Package walks a family through the entire college application and financial aid process. This package can start Sept 1 of the junior year or anytime after. Freshmen/Sophomore Packages are available upon request.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS ON THE COLLEGE SEARCH & APPLICATION PACKAGE:
- A timeline of when and how to accomplish college admission tasks.
- An analysis of your responses to our in-depth career/college oriented questionnaire.
- A customized college list (ongoing) based on a student’s academic background, standardized test scores and interests. A school list consists of reach, target and probable schools).
- An analysis of a student’s school profile, official transcript, and strength of curriculum. This also includes a discussion on how to choose a college major.
- How to develop a standardized testing plan (ACT/SAT prep, options and test optional policies) and an analysis of a student’s PSATs results.
- Assuring a student sets a competitive senior year schedule.
- How to prepare for in person and virtual college visits/fairs when meeting with college admissions representatives.
- Selects two teacher letters of recommendations.
- A senior year college application checklist.
- A strategy for college application deadlines (Early Action, Early Decision, Regular and Rolling Admission).
- An understanding of The Common Application and school specific applications.
- An understanding of merit scholarship and which financial aid forms (FAFSA and CSS Profile) are completed.
- Learn where to research and apply for private scholarships.
- Three approximately 45 minute Zoom Meetings (or email/phone call equivalent) with a college counselor.
- Hourly Rate: $150 per hour
- Custom Packages: If our offerings don’t completely meet your needs we can create a Custom Package that will.