what we do:
By gaining insight into students’ strengths (inside and outside the classroom), we help you develop a plan for the college search process. Our college counselors have over 20 years of experience and offer a complimentary phone consultation to each family. We will discuss your specific goals for the college search process. If you choose a service below, our college counselors will offer you the following services:
- An informational family college planning session
- A wealth of knowledge to what goes on the other side of the desk in college admissions committees
- Efficient response time to email and phone calls
- Overall high school grades and course selection
- Extracurricular and summer activities/internships
- Standardized Testing Plan (ACT vs. SAT)
- Career exploration
- Financial planning
- Transfer admission
- Your responses to our in-depth college questionnaire
what our college counselors do for you:
- Personal touch: Evaluate your responses to our detailed career and college questionnaire.
- Communication with your family: We keep students on track and parents informed with important college information.
- Discuss current trends in college admissions (non academic factors in the college application process).
- Career Exploration: How to select a college major and understand potential career options after graduation.
- Financial Planning: Provide an in depth discussion on return on Investment, merit scholarships and financial aid consideration.
- Negotiation Financial Aid Plan: Provide support and expertise in appealing your financial aid package.
- Life after high school: Assist with the transition to higher education
The College Search Package: $850
(Juniors & seniors)
Two payments of $425
We customize the college search process to fit your individual goals. Every student has their ideas and thoughts so our team identifies how to separate yourself in the college application process. Our strategic approach maximizes your time while visiting colleges which allows your family to make smart decisions throughout the college search process.
The College Search Package includes the following:
- Our analyzation of your responses to our in-depth career/college oriented questionnaire.
- A customized college list based on a student’s academic background, standardized test scores and interests.
- A personalized admissions strategy based on a family’s goals/expectations. We analyze your school profile, official transcript, and strength of curriculum.
- Standardized test plan (free and referral based).
- Assess chances of admission based off your academic transcript.
- College visit preparation including college fairs in your geographic location.
- Questions to ask college representatives.
- Basic understanding of how to schedule college appointments with the admission offices and academic departments.
- Two 30 minute calls(or email equivalent) to be initiated by the family with the college counselor to answer questions.
- Financial Aid options.
(Juniors & seniors)
Below is a list of services we can provide by researching, communicating and reviewing a specific plan for each category. These are affordable options to help you accomplish important tasks, which are completed at an hourly rate of $125 (hours are an approximate number).
- Common Application Coaching and Review 2-4 hours
- Financial aid packaging review and strategy to help find the best return on investment 3 hours
- Waitlist strategy for standing out to specific colleges 2-4 hours
- Learning Disabilities specialist 3-5 hours
- Transfer admission process 2-4 hours
- Visual and performing arts portfolio support 3-5 hours